Sunday, June 7, 2009

Step 1.1

I am still in step one, but there is a little update...

I told my husband that I want to loose 110 over the next 2 years... He wants to loose the weight too! :0D For me, 110 brings my to the top end of the "healthy BMI" mark.. for him, he will still be overweight... actually, slightly obese... but I'd rather him there than where he or I are now.

So, I asked him what one meal I make he thought we should have more of: Chicken salad. As in, tons of lettuce and veggies and kidney beans with cooked chicken breast and dressing. So, we will have that at least once a week. We both enjoy it, and it is a healthy meal. We had it tonight.

I asked him what he thinks we should be eating less of. His answer? Red meat. I agree.... but I told him I think the cookies, chips, candy.... all the sweet junk foods that we tend to "have around" are all worse for me than the amount of red meat I cook. In am average week, I cook red meat twice. Once in a roast or steak type form, once in a ground form. I use to use ground turkey instead, but he use to complain. I have told him that I am going to start using ground turkey some of the time again. He agreed!

So- WE... I love that it is WE.... We are on our way to a healthier US! Praise God! and praying that WE stick to our goals!

1 comment:

  1. FYI- if you want to see what your BMI is, use the calculator here http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

    ReplyDelete