Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moving forward

So, I have successfully rid my pantry of some of the "bad" stuff. I bought "100 Calorie Packs" of Popcorn to replace the chips that Mark takes for lunch most days. I even bought "whole grain popcorn"... wouldn't ALL popcorn be a "whole grain"? I mean, you pop a WHOLE kernel, hence, the WHOLE grain! lol Sometimes I wonder about how things are marketed!

I told Mark that the popcorn should be more filling and satisfying than his little snack sized Ziploc of potato chips. I have been watching the labels (new trick for Jan!) and trying to serve ONE portion of the fatty/carbo loaded foods we love to eat. I.E. "Pasta Roni", "StoveTop", Burgers, Cheese.... MAYO! Holy condiments! That stuff is a heart attack waiting to happen!

I also plane to TRY to make my own yogurt... we shall see how well I do! Vincent will be 7 months on Saturday and is allowed (according to 2 baby food books) start "whole milk plain yogurt" If it turns out well, I will try to replace some of out mayo and sour cream with home made yogurt. AND- perhaps replace the "yoplait" that Mark eats EVERYDAY with his breakfast with the lower sugar, homemade, better for you, stuff.

I am not sure if I've lost any weight. I hate the scale (don't most over weight people?) and tend to avoid it. Right now, I have 10lbs of magazines sitting on it in our bathroom. (So if I plop them on the floor, does that mean I dropped 10 lbs? lol)

Well, I am ... WE ARE- Mark and I are taking baby steps! Father's Day should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment